- 16 large celery ribs—peeled, halved crosswise and sliced lengthwise into 1/8-inch strips
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 7 large anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the celery strips in a large bowl of ice water and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight, until the celery strips are curled and very crisp.
- In a mini processor, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, anchovies, garlic and white wine vinegar and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Scrape the vinaigrette into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the celery and pat thoroughly dry. Put the celery in a dry bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Transfer to a platter and serve at once.
A fresh, clean, smooth Italian Frascati Superiore with some softness and body will complement the range of flavors and textures in the antipasti.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.