Crisp Asparagus-Lemon Relish
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
This is a refreshing and lemony topping for oysters on the half shell as well as for grilled fish and smoked salmon.
- 1 pound white asparagus, peeled, or green asparagus
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Steam the asparagus until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and drain. Cut into 1/4-inch dice.
- In a bowl, combine the onion with the mascarpone, lemon juice and zest. Fold in the asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.