- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large scallions, green part only, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- 6 ears corn, shucked
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, scallions and jalapeño and season with salt and pepper. Spread the bread crumbs on a rimmed platter. Generously brush each ear of corn with the mayonnaise mixture and roll in the bread crumbs to coat. Put the corn on a large, rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 35 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Serve at once.