© Marcus Nilsson
Crêpes with Strawberries and Muscat-Yogurt Sauce
- ACTIVE: 40 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News Nichole Birdsall tops these crêpes with strawberries, a superfruit high in vitamin C and potent antioxidants, and a creamy, orangey sauce sweetened with a splash of Bonterra Muscat dessert wine instead of sugar.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Muscat dessert wine
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 24 strawberries, sliced
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the salt. Add the milk, egg and 1 tablespoon of oil and whisk until smooth. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes. In another small bowl, whisk the yogurt, honey, Muscat and zest.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet. Rub the pan with an oiled paper towel. Add about 3 tablespoons of the crêpe batter, swirling the pan to coat evenly; pour off any excess. Cook the crêpe over moderate heat until the bottom is brown in spots and the sides are crisp, about 2 minutes. Flip the crêpe and cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer to a baking sheet; repeat to make 7 more crêpes.
- Fold the crêpes into quarters and bake until hot, 4 minutes. Place 2 crêpes on each plate. Top with the yogurt sauce and garnish with the strawberries. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
Notes One Serving 241 cal, 9 gm fat, 1.5 gm sat fat, 33 gm carb, 1.7 gm fiber.