- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Four 6-ounce skinless sea bass or other firm white fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the all-purpose flour with the pepper, salt, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and cayenne. Dredge each fish fillet in the spice mixture, tapping off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the fillets to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat for 2 minutes per side, until crisp and cooked through. Transfer the fish to plates, garnish with lime wedges and serve.
Rice and vegetables.