- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, puree the garlic, onion, jalapeño, parsley and thyme. Add the bell pepper, salt, cayenne and black pepper and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the oil.
The paste can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Best Uses Mix the spice paste into mayonnaise to use in chicken or tuna salad. You can also rub it on steak, chicken and pork.