Creole Shrimp with Garlic and Lemon
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 first-course
Eco-minded chefs are cooking with wild American shrimp, but not just for ethical reasons. As Tory McPhail of Commander's Palace in New Orleans says, "They taste cleaner and crisper, since they swim in the tides."
More Shrimp Recipes
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the garlic, Creole seasoning and bell pepper.
- In a skillet, sauté the shrimp in the oil over moderately high heat, turning the shrimp once, until just white throughout. Add the lemon juice and parsley and serve.
Lemony Pinot Grigio.