- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 3 medium bell peppers—1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow—cut into 3/4-inch dice
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
How to make this recipe
- In a large nonreactive bowl, mix together the olive oil, crushed red pepper and garlic. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, onion, eggplant and bell peppers and marinate for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450°. With a slotted spoon, place the vegetables in 2 large shallow roasting pans in an even layer. Season with salt. Roast, stirring twice, for 30 minutes, or until tender and beginning to brown.
- In a small, nonreactive bowl, combine the basil, thyme, rosemary, chives and balsamic vinegar and toss with the vegetables.
The ratatouille can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Serve reheated or at room temperature.