- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 drink
To give a luxurious silky texture to cocktails, this simple syrup (a syrup made by dissolving sugar in water) is thickened slightly with xanthan gum.
- 1 ounce Cognac
- 1 ounce Demerara rum (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Simple Syrup
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- Dash of orange bitters
- Orange twist, for garnish
- Fill a rocks glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, stir together the Cognac, rum, simple syrup and both bitters. Pour into the rocks glass and garnish with the orange twist.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.