- 1 pound shelled and deveined jumbo shrimp, butterflied
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Creole Spice Paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery leaves
- 2 sour gherkins, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 4 hot dog buns
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 1/4 cup of the spice paste and the oil and let stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, celery, celery leaves, gherkins and the remaining 1 tablespoon of paste; refrigerate.
Grill the shrimp over high heat until pink and charred in spots, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and freeze just until cooled, about 5 minutes. Chop the shrimp and stir it into the mayonnaise. Mound the shrimp salad in the buns and serve.
Lemony, full-bodied Sémillon.