- 3 medium fennel bulbs, halved lengthwise and cored
- 5 very fresh large cremini mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese, for shaving
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil (see Note)
How to make this recipe
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice the fennel and transfer it to a large bowl. Thinly slice the cremini mushrooms and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice. Season generously with salt and pepper. Pour all but 1 tablespoon of the dressing over the fennel; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Mound the sliced fennel on plates and top with the sliced cremini. Shave Parmesan over the salad. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of dressing and the truffle oil and serve.
White truffle oil is available at most specialty food stores or through Urbani Truffles at urbanitrufflesonline.com.