Crème Fraîche Pastry
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes enough pastry for two 10-inch crostatas
Plus: Dessert Recipes and Tips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- In a food processor, combine the flour, salt and baking powder; pulse to blend. Add the butter and pulse until it is in 1/2-inch chunks. Add the crème fraîche and pulse just until evenly moistened.
- Transfer the soft crumbly mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap and press the crumbs together. Pat the pastry into 2 disks. Wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
Make AheadThe pastry can be refrigerated 1 day or frozen for up to 1 month.
Serve WithRicotta and Prosecco Poached Pear Crostatas