Creamy Truffled Hazelnut Dip
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 1/2 CUPS
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts (about 3 ounces)
- 1 pound fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup soft goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- About 1/4 teaspoon truffle oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the nuts are fragrant and the skins blister. Let cool, then transfer the nuts to a kitchen towel and rub to remove the skins. Transfer the nuts to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Transfer the nuts to a bowl and wipe out the food processor.
- In the food processor, combine the ricotta, goat cheese, mustard and truffle oil and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and stir in the hazelnuts. Season with salt and white pepper, add a little more truffle oil, if needed, and serve.
Try a Pinot Blanc from Napa or a Brut Champagne.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.