- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup mascarpone
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded basil leaves
How to make this recipe
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook over high heat, stirring, until the tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mascarpone and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until piping hot. Season the sauce with salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, stir in the vinegar and basil and serve.
Other Cheese Choices: Creme fraiche or unsweetened Devon cream.
Pasta or risotto, broiled chicken, polenta, veal cutlets or roasted vegetables.