Creamy Spinach-and-Shrimp Dip
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 1/2 CUPS
This is a variation on a cocktail-party classic.
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, cut into thirds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- One 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese ( 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 pound cooked shrimp, chopped
- In a food processor, pulse the cilantro, scallions, garlic and jalapeño until finely chopped. Add the spinach, mayonnaise, cream cheese, lime juice and salt to taste and process until smooth. Add the shrimp and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the dip to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled before serving.