- 1 pound white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps quartered
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 1/2 cups semolina (10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large baking dish, toss the mushrooms with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes, stirring the mushrooms occasionally, until their liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are lightly browned and tender.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a simmer; season with salt. Whisk in the semolina in a thin stream and bring to a boil, whisking to prevent lumps. Cook, stirring, until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes. Stir in the butter and cheese and season with salt and pepper. Pour the semolina into a large bowl and top with the roasted mushrooms. Garnish with the parsley and serve.
The roasted mushrooms can be refrigerated overnight. Reheat the mushrooms before serving.