Creamy Potato Salad with Olives, Cornichons and Capers
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
In the world of potato salads, there is often a divide between those who love a creamy style and those who prefer a tangy one. Chef Jason McCullar's version will appeal to everyone: It's dressed with plenty of mayonnaise that's blended with pickles, capers, olives and mustard.
- 6 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup cornichons, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Creole or other grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water. Add a large pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the celery with the onion, olives, cornichons and capers and process until finely minced. Add the mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice and pulse until blended.
- Add the dressing and the parsley to the cooled potatoes and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.