Creamy Piquillo Pepper and Chickpea Soup with Chicken
- TOTAL TIME: 7 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The secret to this speedy soup is buying ingredients with lots of built-in flavor, like hummus and jarred piquillo peppers.
- 1 cup drained piquillo peppers (8 ounces), 1/4 cup cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup hummus (7 ounces)
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice, homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Olive oil, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
- In a blender or a food processor, combine the whole piquillos with the hummus and stock and puree until smooth. Transfer the soup to a medium saucepan. Add the rice and chicken, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the parsley, sliced piquillos, olive oil and hot sauce.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.