- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti, noodles broken in half
- 3 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- In a pot, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, scallions, leeks and shallot and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are softened, 6 minutes. Add the anchovy, crushed red pepper, spaghetti, stock, cream and the 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring, until the pasta is tender and a sauce forms, 11 minutes. Stir in the chives and 1/4 cup of cheese; season with salt. Serve the pasta with extra cheese on the side.
Floral, juicy Italian white.