- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup green beans cut into 1-inch lengths
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked ditalini or small small pasta shells
- 1/2 cup Easy Hummus with Tahini
- Freshly grated grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for sprinkling
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the onion, cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the cabbage, zucchini, green beans, tomatoes and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer the soup over low heat until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Add the pasta and cook until heated through. Stir in the hummus just before serving. Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.