Creamy Low-Fat Arugula Pesto
- SERVINGS: MAKES 1 1/4 CUPS
Arugula gives this lean pesto its fresh tart flavor and peppery kick; farmer cheese and low-fat cream cheese add richness.
- 3 large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon farmer cheese (3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese (3 ounces)
- 2 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large bunch of arugula (about 6 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- In a small dry skillet, cook the garlic cloves over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until softened and blackened in spots, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Peel and lightly crush the garlic.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the cheeses and scallions; process until smooth. Add the garlic to the processor and puree. Add the arugula and pulse until finely chopped but not pureed. Season with salt and pepper.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.