© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
There are no chunks in this superbly smooth guacamole, which uses a little mayonnaise to amp up the creaminess.
Slideshow: Great Guacamole Recipes
- 3 large ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and scooped out
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons finely minced cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a potato masher until it is smooth. Stir in the lime juice, mayonnaise, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Put guacamole in serving dish and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.
- If not serving immediately, press a piece of plastic wrap flush into the top of the guacamole, refrigerate and serve preferably within 24 hours. Drizzle with olive oil just before serving.