Creamy Goat Cheese and Asparagus Orecchiette
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3/4 pound orecchiette
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 pound medium asparagus spears, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the orecchiette until just al dente. Drain the orecchiette, reserving 2/3 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion and cook over moderately low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the orecchiette and the reserved cooking water to the skillet along with the lemon juice and zest; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the orecchiette is al dente and the asparagus is just tender, about 2 minutes. Add the goat cheese and chives and stir until melted. Transfer the pasta to bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.