- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 large yellow celery ribs from the inner heart, finely chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil or other mild vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, combine the garlic with the Dijon mustard, celery, onion, olive oil, canola oil and cider vinegar and blend at high speed until emulsified and creamy. Scrape the French dressing into a glass jar and stir in the parsley and thyme. Season the dressing with salt and pepper and refrigerate until serving.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks. Shake well before using.
A lettuce-and-tomato salad or a steamed vegetable, such as asparagus, green beans or carrots, or a roasted vegetable, such as beets.