© John Kernick
Creamy Cheese and Green Herb Spread
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
This fresh cheese spread, called cervelle de canut, is a specialty of Lyon, France; the name means "silk worker's brain." Chef Owen Kenworthy makes it with herbs, cider vinegar and walnut oil.
Plus: More Appetizer Recipes
- 1 pound fromage blanc, quark or pureed cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Grilled sourdough bread, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk the fresh cheese with the shallot, chives, tarragon, cider vinegar and walnut oil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the spread with olive oil and serve with grilled sourdough bread.
Make Ahead The herbed cheese can be refrigerated overnight.
Try this with a sparkling wine.