- 1 pound fromage blanc, quark or pureed cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Grilled sourdough bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, whisk the fresh cheese with the shallot, chives, tarragon, cider vinegar and walnut oil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the spread with olive oil and serve with grilled sourdough bread.
The herbed cheese can be refrigerated overnight.
Try this with a sparkling wine.