- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 4 ounces Camembert, rind removed
- 2 ounces freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese (1/2 cup)
How to make this recipe
In a large, deep skillet, melt the butter. Add the shallot and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and thyme, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat until the mushrooms are lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add the wine and stock and simmer until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the skillet along with the peas, Camembert and the reserved cooking water and simmer, tossing and stirring until the pasta is coated in a creamy sauce, about 2 minutes. Stir in the Pecorino Romano and season generously with pepper. Serve right away.
Minerally, ripe Soave Classico.