Creamy Cabbage and Broccoli Slaw
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Crinkly-leafed Savoy cabbage pairs beautifully with broccoli, but if you can't find it, regular green cabbage will do just fine.
- 1/2 sweet onion, such as Vidalia, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound Savoy cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound broccoli crowns, trimmed and chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- Stir together the grated onion, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Combine the cabbage, broccoli and carrot in a large bowl and pour over the dressing. Toss gently until evenly coated. Let the slaw sit for at least 30 minutes. Before serving, taste and adjust the seasonings.