- 1/2 sweet onion, such as Vidalia, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound Savoy cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound broccoli crowns, trimmed and chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
How to make this recipe
- Stir together the grated onion, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Combine the cabbage, broccoli and carrot in a large bowl and pour over the dressing. Toss gently until evenly coated. Let the slaw sit for at least 30 minutes. Before serving, taste and adjust the seasonings.
The slaw can be made up to 3 hours ahead of serving.