- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the goat cheese, cream cheese and milk and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the cheeses are melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cooked orzo and the parsley to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the pasta into an 8-inch baking dish and sprinkle the pecorino on top. Bake for about 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.