- SERVINGS: 6
At Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C., chef David Walzog spikes the creamy spinach with truffle oil and black truffle shavings. This recipe is a more classic, truffle-free version.
- 3 pounds fresh spinach, large stems discarded
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a large saucepan. Add the spinach by the handful and cook over moderately high heat, stirring often, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer the spinach to a colander and squeeze it as dry as possible. Chop the spinach.
- Heat the oil in the saucepan. Add the shallot and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the cream; cook until reduced by half, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the butter and swirl to incorporate. Stir in the Parmesan and cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and water, season with salt and pepper and cook over low heat until the spinach is coated with the thickened sauce, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.