Creamed Potatoes with Tomatoes
- SERVINGS: 8
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 3 pounds Idaho potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour, or until tender.
- In a large saucepan, warm the milk and heavy cream. Halve the potatoes and scoop the flesh into the saucepan. Mash over low heat until creamy. Stir in the scallions and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper Serve at once.