- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large leek, medium dice
- 1 cup millet
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 6 ounces goat’s cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Bring the vegetable stock and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
In large saucepan, heat the oil over moderately high heat and sauté the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
In the same sauce pan, sauté the leek over moderate heat until it’s softened, about 5 minutes. Add the millet and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook 1 minute.
Add the stock mixture to the millet 1 cup at a time, stirring occasionally, and adding more stock once it has been absorbed, about 30 minutes total. Once the millet is al dente, remove from the heat and stir in butter, cheese, chicken, and grapes. Season with salt and pepper, top with crumbled goat cheese, and serve.
If eating a gluten-free diet, be sure to use gluten-free stock.