- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 18 biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of the cream and stir with a wooden spoon until a stiff, shaggy dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until even moistened.
- Roll out half of the dough 1/2 inch thick. Using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, stamp out 8 biscuits; arrange the biscuits on a sturdy baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Gather the scraps, pat them out and stamp out 2 more biscuits. Brush the tops of the biscuits with the remaining 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Bake the biscuits until well-risen and browned, about 20 minutes.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.