© John Kernick
Cranberry Sauce with Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 5 cups
F&W contributor Marcia Kiesel adds crunch and flavor to cranberry sauce by adding pumpkin seeds roasted with cumin and paprika.
Slideshow: More Quick Side Dishes
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a saucepan, bring the cranberries, sugar and water to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries pop, about 10 minutes. Let cool to warm and stir in the cinnamon.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the pumpkin seeds with the oil. In a small bowl, mix the paprika and cumin; toss with the pumpkin seeds. Spread the seeds in an even layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 8 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool completely. Just before serving, stir the pumpkin seeds into the cranberry sauce and serve.