- 1 pound fresh or thawed frozen cranberries (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups dried sour cherries (9 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup pure cranberry juice
- Juice from 1/2 navel orange (1/4 cup)
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the salt and bring to a simmer. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce is jammy, about 15 minutes. Scrape the cranberry sauce into a heatproof bowl and let cool completely. Season with salt and refrigerate until chilled. Serve the sauce cold or at room temperature; stir in a few tablespoons of water if the sauce is too thick.
The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.