- 1 2/3 cups verjus (see Note) or white wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 large Bartlett pears, peeled and finely diced
- 2 medium quinces (7 ounces each), peeled and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons grappa or brandy
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of the verjus with the sugar and bring to a boil. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by one-third, about 10 minutes. Add the cranberries and cook until softened, gently smashing the cranberries against the side of the pan, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, combine the pears with the quinces and remaining 2/3 cup of verjus and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderately low heat until the pears are softened, about 20 minutes.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the cranberry sauce with the pears, quinces and grappa. Refrigerate until chilled.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.