- SERVINGS: Makes 1 1/2 pints
- 4 navel oranges
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, picked over
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- using a sharp paring knife, peel the oranges, removing the skin and all the bitter white pith. Working over a bowl to catch the juice, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Reserve the orange sections and juice in separate bowls.
- In a nonreactive medium saucepan, combine the cranberries with the sugar and 1/4 cup of the reserved orange juice. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until the cranberries pop and soften, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange sections and Grand Marnier. Refrigerate the compote until cool.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.