- 1/2 cup canola oil, plus more for greasing
- 3/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries (6 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, whisk the 1/2 cup of canola oil with the molasses, brown sugar, eggs, ginger and cranberries. In a medium bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Whisk the flour mixture into the molasses mixture until well blended.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs attached. Transfer to a rack and let cool for 10 minutes, then unmold the gingerbread and let cool to room temperature before slicing and serving.
The gingerbread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.