- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 3/4 cups
This tangy spiced chutney with chunks of fig is not only wonderful alongside turkey, but it's also great with a cheese plate.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 pound fresh Black Mission figs, stemmed and quartered
- One 12-ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 6 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 star anise pod
- One 4-inch cinnamon stick
- Pinch of salt
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add all of the remaining ingredients and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring, until thick and jammy, 25 minutes. Let the chutney cool, then discard the star anise and cinnamon stick.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.