© Frances Janisch
Cranberry, Clementine and Pumpkin Seed Conserve
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN plus 3 hr chilling
- SERVINGS: 12
- 3 clementines
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- One 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- In a medium saucepan, cover the clementines with water. Bring to a simmer and cook over moderately high heat until the skin softens, about 8 minutes. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle. Coarsely chop the whole clementines and discard any seeds. Wipe out the saucepan.
- In the same saucepan, combine the chopped clementines with the sugar and water. Bring to a simmer and cook over moderate heat until the clementine peel is sweet, about 30 minutes. Add the cranberries and cook over moderately high heat until they burst, about 6 minutes. Scrape into a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours. Fold in the pumpkin seeds and serve.
Make AheadThe conserve can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Fold in the pumpkin seeds just before serving.