- 4 1/2 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- One 11 1/2-ounce can frozen cranberry juice cocktail concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 3/4 cups dry Champagne
- 6 navel oranges
- In a large heatproof bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Let stand for 5 minutes, or until the gelatin softens.
- In a saucepan, mix the cranberry juice with the sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar dissolves. Pour the hot juice over the gelatin and stir until smooth. Stir in the Champagne. Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the oranges; be sure to remove all of the bitter white pith. Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the orange sections into the bowl. Pour off and reserve the juice for another use.
- To assemble, spoon the gelée into glasses, alternating with layers of orange segments. Refrigerate until cold.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.