© Nicole Franzen
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: MAKES 2 DOZEN BISCOTTI
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped (2 1/2 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar at medium speed until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the butter and almond extract. Pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the dried cranberries and almonds.
- Using lightly floured hands, shape the dough into 2 slightly flattened 10-inch logs on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Let the logs cool slightly.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, slice the logs 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal. Arrange the slices on the baking sheet cut sides up and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the biscotti are lightly browned and crisp. Let cool completely before serving.
Notes One Cookie Calories 111 kcal, Total Fat 3.5 gm, Saturated Fat 1.2 gm, Protein 2 gm, Carbohydrates 18 gm.