Cranberries with Orange Zest and Port
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 4 1/2 CUPS
Chefs Edna Lewis and Scott Peacock find a real affinity between the flavors of the cranberries and port in this cranberry-orange sauce. The unusual way of cooking the cranberries renders them perfectly done but not mushy, resulting in a relish that sparkles like a dish of jewels.
- 1 cup port
- 6 cups fresh cranberries (1 1/2 pounds), picked over and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, bring the port to a boil over high heat. Add the cranberries and cook, stirring, until they begin to pop, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar, orange zest and salt and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture returns to a simmer, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.