Crab Salad with Paprika-Scallion Mayonnaise
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN plus overnight marinating
- SERVINGS: 8
Marinating lump crab overnight gives it terrific flavor; combining it with a scallion-and-paprika-spiked mayonnaise makes it even more delicious.
- 1 cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Buttered toast points or saltines, for serving
- Spread half of the chopped onion in a large bowl. Top with the crab, season with salt and pepper and cover with the remaining chopped onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil with the ice water and 1/3 cup of the vinegar. Pour over the crab, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, paprika and the remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Drain the crab and fold it into the mayonnaise, along with the scallions and parsley. Garnish with the red onion and serve with toast points.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.