- 8 white anchovies (see Note)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for cartilage
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1/4 cup finely diced roasted red pepper
- 1/2 pound baby romaine lettuce leaves
- In a blender or mini processor, combine 4 of the anchovies with the garlic, vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and puree until smooth. With the machine on, add the olive oil and blend until incorporated. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper; add the Parmesan and blend briefly.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the crab, chives, tarragon and red pepper with the vinaigrette. Add the romaine and toss. Transfer to plates, top with the remaining 4 anchovies and serve.
Marinated white anchovies are available at Italian markets, specialty food stores and in the deli case at some supermarkets.
One Serving 285 cal, 18 gm Total Fat, 3 gm Saturated Fat, 3 gm Carbohydrates, 1 gm Fiber.
Minerally, complex Chardonnay from Napa Valley.