- 3 Belgian endives, cored and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Golden Delicous apple—peeled, quartered and sliced crosswise 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 pound lump crabmeat
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups packed mesclun
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, toss the endives and apple with 3 tablespoons of the cream. Whip the remaining 1/4 cup of cream to very soft peaks. Stir in the ketchup, 1 tablespoon of the vinegar, the mayonnaise and mustard. Fold in the crabmeat and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of the vinegar into the endives and apples and season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix the olive oil with the remaining 1 teaspoon of vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Add the mesclun and toss. Mound the mesclun on plates. Top with the endives and apples and then the crabmeat. Sprinkle with the pecans and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.