Crab Salad on Brioche
- SERVINGS: 4
This seafood sandwich from Craig Shelton of The Ryland Inn in Whitehouse, New Jersey, is best eaten at the beginning of a car trip before the bread gets soggy.
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chervil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1/2 European cucumberpeeled, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, tough stems discarded, dried well
- 8 thick slices brioche
- In a bowl, combine the crème fraîche, red wine vinegar, sherry vinegar, cilantro, chervil and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Fold in the crab, cucumber and bell pepper. Mound the crab salad and watercress on the brioche and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.