- 1/2 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- One 15-ounce can Great Northern beans, or other canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced marjoram
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the mint for 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl of ice water; drain well and squeeze dry. Transfer the mint to a blender and puree with 3/4 cup of the olive oil and a pinch of salt.
In a bowl, toss the beans with the red onion, rosemary, marjoram, lemon zest and juice and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with the salt and pepper. Fold in the crab. Drizzle the salad with the mint oil and serve.