Crab Rolls with Lemon Aioli
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
New Orleans chefs often drown seafood in rich, spicy sauces, but here, chef Jason McCullar of hors d'oeuvres.
More New England-Style Recipes
- 1 1/4 cups aioli or mayonnaise
- 2 large celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds lump crabmeat, picked over and lightly broken up
- 8 hot dog buns or 16 mini brioche rolls, split
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the celery and lemon juice and season with cayenne. Gently fold in the crabmeat and season with salt. Fill the buns with the lettuce and the crab salad and serve.
This riff on an New England lobster roll is rich but nicely lemony. The combination works well with a lightly oaked California Chardonnay that has some heft but a citrusy freshness as well.