- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Evening Land president and sommelier Larry Stone is a stellar cook. One of his favorite dishes is Crab Louie.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound asparagus
- Two 6-ounce romaine hearts, cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- One 6-ounce seedless cucumber, thinly sliced or cut into spears
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges (optional)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 1 pound crabmeat, preferably Dungeness
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the ketchup, relish, lemon juice, garlic, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus until just tender, 3 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Arrange the romaine, cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, eggs and asparagus on a platter. Top with large chunks of the crabmeat and serve, passing the dressing at the table.
This dish is great with the fresh flavors in the Evening Land Vineyards Blue Label California Chardonnay.